Wednesday, July 4, 2012

KBC Day ONE Journey To...

So we're off! My cousin, Cyndi and I, are taking a business trip together that will cover multiple states. The next two weeks will be full of so many FIRSTS for me, as I have never been to this part of the country! I'm hoping to post a little bit every night to keep you up to speed with where we are and what we are doing.


We are coming in on the close of day one so here's a quick recap of what today entailed.
We have traveled through Louisiana, Arkansas and part of Tennessee. Since today and tomorrow are traveling days we are making the most of them and having a little fun along the way!! The car trip alone has been a blast! Did you know that the distance from to Memphis from Little Rock is only about an inch in Google Maps? LOL Like I said, it has definitely been a fun ride. I took many a detour today; NOT because I got lost, but because I wanted to be sure we saw everything there was to see in Memphis. Especially the shady parts of town. I seemed to end up in those areas more than not today. But it's important that you know I DID NOT get lost! :)

We stopped for a bit in Arkansas and after a small "detour" took advantage of some of a couple of July 4th sales. Then we were back on the road toward Memphis.

As I said before this is a part of the country I have never been to, so crossing the Mississippi River was a really neat experience for me.  It was huge! I can't wait to go back down there tomorrow and get some pictures. Here's a pic I took from inside the car while crossing the bridge.


***Disclaimer: I know it LOOKS like I'm taking it from behind the wheel of a moving vehicle, but I can assure you that is not the case... it is an optical allusion, I promise! hehehe

Once we got into Memphis we found our hotel, got cleaned up and headed for Beale Street. It was a blast! We did little shopping and then had dinner at a little Cajun joint called Johnny G's. After dinner we came back to the hotel and now we are both working silently side-by-side. This trip promises to be both productive and fun!

Until tomorrow,



No comments:

Post a Comment